My Guide Website?
Sal: 4-Hour 4WD SSV Buggy Island Adventure
Discover the hidden places of Sal Island driving a 4x4 500cc fully-equipped buggy. Follow a professional local guide to see the highlights of the island. Enjoy a perfect mix of adrenaline and knowledge, as well as hotel pickup and drop-off in Santa Maria.
- Drive a 4×4, side-by-side buggy around Sal with a professional local guide
- Explore both the Blue Eye and the natural swimming pool of Buracona
- Experience the mirage in the middle of the desert
- Enjoy the stunning view of the old salt mines from the top of Pedra de Lume volcano
- See lemon sharks in their natural environment at Shark Bay
DescriptionExplore Sal's highlights on this 4-hour, coast-to-coast, off-road guided island tour. After either being picked up at your hotel in Santa Maria or making your way to the meeting point, begin your tour on the west coast. Discover the bay of Murdeira with the Lion Mountain, the Fontona Oasis, and Palmeira, the island's main port. Arriving at the northwestern side, enjoy the amazing natural swimming pools of Burracona and admire the Blue Eye. See the mirage at Terra Boa, then make your way to Pedra de Lume and the old crater of the volcano where you can find the second most salty water in the world. At the top, marvel at panoramic views of the island. Next, stop at Shark Bay to see lemon sharks in their natural environment. Cross through Serra Negra, the natural reserve of the island, and visit Kite Beach, a beautiful white sandy beach full of colorful kite surfs. Finally, finish your highlights tour at the salt flats of Santa Maria and admire the picturesque sand dunes.
IncludesProfessional local guide Fuel Water Overalls, helmet, and goggles Hotel pickup and drop-off in Santa Maria (if option selected) Extra drinks Souvenir photos (available to purchase) Shemagh (available to purchase) Entrance fees Hotel pickup and drop-off outside Santa Maria
- If you are staying outside Santa Maria, please select the meeting point option as hotel pickup and drop-off are unavailable in areas outside Santa Maria
- The minimum age for driving is 18 years old
- This activity is not recommended for children aged 6 or under
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to the nature of this tour and for the safety of all guests, the local partner reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Please bring your driver's license
- Please wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals or flip flops)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now