My Guide Website?
Boa Vista: Half-Day Whale Watching Tour8 Reviews
Search for majestic humpback whales on a half-day tour of Boa Vista. With a biologist guide, learn about these massive creatures as you observe them in their natural habitat.
- Admire and spot whales in their natural environment
- Experience an unforgettable natural spectacle in a small-group
- Learn more about the humpback whales from an expert marine biologist
- Feel the thrill of seeing wildlife up close
DescriptionBoa Vista is a hotspot for whale activity. The impressive humpback whales (adult size approx. 15 m) stay around Boa Vista from March till May to mate or give birth to their babies. Your chance for unforgettable experiences! This half-day cruise takes you into the waters around the island to spot these majestic creatures in their natural habitat. Start with pickup from your hotel and travel to the port of Sal Rei. From there, transfer to the yacht by dinghy. Board the yacht and meet your crew, which can draw on over 12 years of experience with whale watching tours at Boa Vista. Receive a detailed briefing with many interesting facts about the humpback whales. All tours are accompanied by local biologists, so you can learn as much as possible about the amazing wildlife. After the briefing, start your quest to find the humpback whales. From March until May, the whales are abundant in the waters of Boa Vista as they migrate to the region to mate and give birth to their offspring. With patience and some luck try to spot some whales in their natural habitat as they swim, play, and put on dazzling, natural acrobatic shows. After about 3 hours on the ocean, return to the port of Sal Rei and you will be driven back to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages Marine biologist guide
- If you are staying at Hotel Riu Touareg, please choose the pickup at Touareg option
- If you are staying in private accommodation, a separate pickup point can be arranged
- In the case of bad weather or high waves, the tour may be cancelled at short notice. In this event, the tour can be refunded or rescheduled
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the date of the tour
- Please note that while chances of sightings are very high, they cannot be guaranteed