My Guide Website?
Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community9 Reviews
Explore Serra Malagueta Natural Park at an altitude of 1,064 meters. Discover the local fauna and flora, enjoy beautiful landscapes between mountains and valleys, and visit the Rabelados community.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community
- From São Vicente: Santo Antão Day Trip with Local Guide
- Sal: Private Airport Transfer to Santa Maria or Espargos
- Boa Vista: Viana Desert Quad Bike Adventure
- From Santa Maria: Two-Hour 4WD Buggy Desert Adventure
- Experience 4 hours of hiking from Serra Malagueta Natural Park
- Discover local fauna and flora
- See endemic plants, animals and some bird species in danger of extinction
- Discover the community that preserves Cape Verde's oldest customs
- Choose between a shared group or private trek
DescriptionDepart from Praia towards the interior of the island, making your first stop at Serra Malagueta. Drive to Serra Malagueta Natural Park, one of the greenest areas of the island, and start the trek at 800 meters above sea level. Discover a natural paradise with rich local fauna and flora and reach an altitude of 1,064 meters. The entire trail follows a mostly flat surface, with various endemic plants and animals, offering magnificent views of Assomada, and, on clear days, all the way to the islands of Fogo and Maio. After 2 hours walking, take a break for a picnic in the middle of the forest. Continue along the top of the mountains with incredible 360-degree views between two verdant valleys. Afterwards, visit the Rabelados religious community, the only community that still lives in thatched houses and preserves the oldest customs and beliefs of Cape Verde. The tour concludes with drop-off at your accommodation in Praia.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Transportation Tour Guide (English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) Picnic (soft juice + sandwich + fruit) Liability insurance
- • This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility • Trail Distance: +/- 11, 5 km
- Total Walking Duration: +/- 5 hours
- Degree of difficulty: Difficult
- Elevation gain: +/- 265 m
- Elevation loss: -/+ 1000 m
- Max Elevation: +/- 1045 m
- Min Elevation: +/- 120 m
- Trail type: One Way
- Path quality: flat surface and safe.
- Shared Group Trek option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.
- We strongly advise wearing hiking pants, especially from August to November. Additionally, bring hiking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, water and €2 for the Serra Malagueta Natural Park fee.