Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community
Explore Serra Malagueta Natural Park at an altitude of 1,064 meters. Discover the local fauna and flora, enjoy beautiful landscapes between mountains and valleys, and visit the Rabelados community.
- Experience 5 hours of hiking from Serra Malagueta Natural Park
- Discover local fauna and flora
- See endemic plants, animals and some bird species in danger of extinction
- Discover the community that preserves Cape Verde's oldest customs
DescriptionDepart from Praia towards the interior of the island, making your first stop at Serra Malagueta. Drive to Serra Malagueta Natural Park, one of the greenest areas of the island, and start the trek at 800 meters above sea level. Discover a natural paradise with rich local fauna and flora and reach an altitude of 1,064 meters. The entire trail follows a mostly flat surface, with various endemic plants and animals, offering magnificent views of Assomada, and, on clear days, all the way to the islands of Fogo and Maio. After 2 hours walking, take a break for a picnic in the middle of the forest. Continue along the top of the mountains with incredible 360-degree views between two verdant valleys. Afterwards, visit the Rabelados religious community, the only community that still lives in thatched houses and preserves the oldest customs and beliefs of Cape Verde. The tour concludes with drop-off at your accommodation in Praia.
IncludesTransportation Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia All entrance fees and guiding service Picnic (juice, sandwich, fruit)
- • This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility • This tour will take place rain or shine • Extension: 12,500 meters • Descent: 1,007 meters • Ascent: 258 meters • Difficulty: Moderate • Total walking duration: 5 hours • Path quality: Flat, wide, and safe
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability