My Guide Website?
Sal Island: Guided Full-Day Highlights Tour with Lunch
Discover the highlights of Sal on this full-day tour with included lunch and hotel transfers. Visit the biggest tourist city in Cape Verde, enjoy the views of Lion Mountain, see the impressive “Blue Eye,” explore the Pedra de Lume Salt Crater, and more.
- Explore the most tourist-friendly city in Cape Verde, Santa Maria
- Visit the natural bay of Murdeira village and admire views of Lion Mountain
- Get a taste of local life in the fishing village of Palmeira and the island's economic center, Espargos
- Marvel at the “Blue Eye” in Buracona, one of the 7 wonders of the country
- Float in the world's second-saltiest water in Pedra de Lume, and watch lemon sharks in Shark Bay
DescriptionGet picked up from your accommodation and depart toward Santa Maria. There, find out about the history of the city, which has transformed from the exploration of salt to the biggest tourist city in Cape Verde. Next, you will explore the white sand and warm water of Kite Beach, one of the best places in the world to practice kite surfing and where the world kite surfing championships are usually held. Your tour continues to the natural bay of Murdeira from where you can enjoy the beautiful views of the Lion Mountain. Then, meet locals and fishermen at the fishing village of Palmeira. Have a chance to see the arrival of the crafts, as well as all the activity of selling fresh fish. After that, travel to Burracona to see 'Blue Eye' (one of the 7 wonders of the country) and admire its beautiful and natural swimming pool. Next, explore Espargos, the economic center of the island. There, you can buy souvenirs and taste the local Morabeza. Your tour progresses to Pedra de Lume Beach and its salt crater, an old salt farm located below sea level. The water in the lagoons from which the salt is extracted is very hot and, of course, salty —27 times saltier than sea water in fact. Bring your book and enjoy reading while floating in the world's second saltiest water, an unforgettable experience. Continue towards Miragem, where you will see the effects of water illusions in the desert. Finally, experience Shark Bay and watch lemon sharks in their natural environment very closely. The tour includes lunch and concludes with drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation Transportation Guiding service Lunch (main dish + dessert + water) Entrance fees (€3 for Blue Eye, €5 for Salinas) Drinks
- This tour is not recommended for people with mobility impairments
- The tour duration is 6–7 hours
- Lunch includes a main dish of fish or meat, dessert, and water
- Please be ready at your pickup point 15 minutes before the activity starts
- Opening hours are subject to change
- A minimum number of participants is required; if the tour is canceled because this number is not met, you will be offered an alternative date or given or a full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now