My Guide Website?
Sal Island: Guided Full-Day Highlights Tour with Lunch130 Reviews
Discover the highlights of Sal on this relaxed-pace tour with included lunch and transfers. Float in the world's second-saltiest water inside an extinct volcano crater and watch lemon sharks up close.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the most tourist-friendly city in Cape Verde, Santa Maria
- Float in the world's second-saltiest water in Pedra de Lume
- Get a taste of local life in the fishing village of Palmeira and Espargos
- Marvel at the “Blue Eye” in Buracona, one of the 7 wonders of the country
- Walk close to the lemon sharks in Shark Bay
DescriptionBe ready to be picked up from your accommodation and depart toward the village of Murdeira, where you will have a short visit to its nature reserve and enjoy the views of the Lion Mountain. Then, meet the locals in the fishing village of Palmeira before travelling to Buracona to see 'Blue Eye' and, weather permitting, swim in its beautiful natural pool. Move on towards Miragem, grab some pictures of the effects of water illusions in the desert and take a well deserved lunch-break. Enjoy the local cuisine and discover the Cape Verdean gastronomy. Next, drive to Espargos and get to know its street arts that portray the Cape Verdean woman, her Morabeza and history. After that, head to the Shark Bay, a must-see when visiting Sal. Put on your water shoes, enter the ocean, see and get close to the Lemon Sharks in their natural environment. This species poses no threat to humans. Finally it is time for Your last 'No Stress Adventure' at Pedra de Lume, in a salt pan located below sea level. Cross its cave, get into its extinct volcano crater and reach the lagoons from which the salt is extracted. Bring your book and enjoy reading while floating in the world's second saltiest thermal water, an unforgettable experience. The tour concludes with a drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Santa Maria Transportation Guide/Driver Lunch (main dish+ soft drink)
- This tour is not recommended for people with mobility impairments
- The tour duration is 6–7 hours
- Lunch includes a main dish of fish or meat, dessert, and water
- Please be ready at your pickup point 10 minutes before the activity starts