My Guide Website?
From Praia: Cidade Velha, Tarrafal & East Side Island Tour3 Reviews
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cidade Velha on a guided tour from Praia. Drive through the Serra Malagueta Natural Park and enjoy the most beautiful beach on the island, Tarrafal Beach.
- Explore Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a local guide
- Meet a local family and taste the local Cuscuz
- Relax on the most beautiful beach of Santiago Island, Tarrafal Beach
- Visit the traditional community of Rabelados
- Choose between a shared group or private tour
DescriptionDiscover the highlights of Santiago Island beyond the city of Praia on a full-day trip. First, be picked up at your hotel and travel towards Cidade Velha. Discover all of the main points of interest here such as the Royal Fortress of São Filipe, the ruins of the first sub-Saharan African Cathedral, the fishermen bay, the former slave market in Pelourinho, the famous Banana Street with its traditional houses, the Nossa Senhora do Rosário church, and São Domingos. Experience a workshop with a local family and learn to cook cuscuz (a traditional cake made from corn flour) and fidjós (fried banana mixed with wheat), the typical breakfast for Cape Verdean families. Next, Next, travel to Assomada through the mountains towards the north of the island. Make some photo stops in São Domingos, Assomada, and in the Natural Park of Serra Malagueta. Travel to the town of Tarrafal and enjoy the most beautiful beach of Santiago Island. With its white sand and crystal-clear waters, the small beach of Tarrafal is surrounded by hills and coconut trees. After lunch, travel back towards Praia on the eastern coast and visit the community of Rabelados along the way. See the only community that still lives in thatched houses, preserving the oldest customs and beliefs of Cape Verde, before arriving back in the city center.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia or Cidade Velha Tour Guide Transportation Workshop of Cuscuz and Fidjós (local delights) Liability insurance
- This tour takes place every day from 9 AM to 6 PM, with a total duration of 9 hours. The São Filipe Fortress is closed on holidays. The Assomada Market is open and thus will be included in the activity only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.