My Guide Website?
From Praia: Cidade Velha, Tarrafal & East Side Island Tour15 Reviews
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cidade Velha on a guided tour from Praia. Drive through the Serra Malagueta Natural Park and enjoy the most beautiful beach on the island, Tarrafal Beach.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community
- From São Vicente: Santo Antão Day Trip with Local Guide
- Sal: Private Airport Transfer to Santa Maria or Espargos
- Boa Vista: Viana Desert Quad Bike Adventure
- From Santa Maria: Two-Hour 4WD Buggy Desert Adventure
- Explore Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a local guide
- Meet a local family and taste the local Cuscuz
- Relax on the most beautiful beach oRabeladosf Santiago Island, Tarrafal Beach
- Choose between a shared group or private tour
DescriptionEmbark on a delightful journey with a pickup from your accommodation, whisking you away to the captivating Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Immerse yourself in the rich history during a guided walking tour, exploring the iconic São Filipe Fortress, the former slave market, and the charming Banana Street with its charming thatched houses. Next, venture into the heart of the island to learn the art of local cuisine with a welcoming family, where you'll prepare the mouthwatering Cape Verdean Couscous, a traditional cake made from corn flour. After the workshop, journey through the picturesque mountains, making photo stops at the villages of Picos, Assomada, and Serra Malagueta Natural Park. Be dazzled by incredible views from 1000 meters (3,280 feet) above sea level before you arrive at Santiago's most beautiful beach, Tarrafal beach. Here, swim and relax on the shore surrounded by hills and palm trees. Stop for a delicious lunch and then drive along the beautiful east coast road and, if available, at your own expenses, refresh yourself with fresh coconut water at the largest plantation in the country. The tour ends with a drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia or Cidade Velha Tour Guide Transportation Workshop of Cuscuz and Fidjós (local delights) Liability insurance
- The São Filipe Fortress is closed on holidays.
- The Assomada Market is open and thus will be included in the activity only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.