My Guide Website?
From Praia: Cidade Velha, Tarrafal & East Side Island Tour8 Reviews
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cidade Velha on a guided tour from Praia. Drive through the Serra Malagueta Natural Park and enjoy the most beautiful beach on the island, Tarrafal Beach.
- Explore Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a local guide
- Meet a local family and taste the local Cuscuz
- Relax on the most beautiful beach oRabeladosf Santiago Island, Tarrafal Beach
- Choose between a shared group or private tour
DescriptionDiscover the highlights of Santiago Island beyond the city of Praia on a full-day trip. First, be picked up at your hotel and travel towards Cidade Velha. Discover all of the main points of interest here such as the Royal Fortress of São Filipe, the ruins of the first sub-Saharan African Cathedral, the fishermen bay, the former slave market in Pelourinho, the famous Banana Street with its traditional houses, the Nossa Senhora do Rosário church, and São Domingos. Experience a workshop with a local family and learn to cook cuscuz (a traditional cake made from corn flour) and fidjós (fried banana mixed with wheat), the typical breakfast for Cape Verdean families. After the workshop, drive through the mountains with photo stops at the villages of Picos, Assomada and Serra Malagueta Natural Park. Be dazzled by incredible views from 1000 meters (3,280 feet) above sea level before you arrive at Santiago's most beautiful beach, Tarrafal beach. Here, swim and relax on the shore surrounded by hills and palm trees. After lunch, travel back towards Praia on the eastern coast and, if available, at your own expenses, refresh yourself with fresh coconut water at the largest plantation in the country. The tour ends with a drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia or Cidade Velha Tour Guide Transportation Workshop of Cuscuz and Fidjós (local delights) Liability insurance
- The São Filipe Fortress is closed on holidays.
- The Assomada Market is open and thus will be included in the activity only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€120.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today