My Guide Website?
From Praia: Banana Plantation Tour and Cuscuz Workshop11 Reviews
Explore the largest banana and coconut plantation in the country on a shared or private tour from Praia. Sample Cuscuz and Fidjós with a local family and enjoy beautiful landscapes of Santiago island.
- Visit Cape Verde's largest banana and coconut plantation
- Learn how to cook an authentic Cuscuz with a local family
- Visit the Natural Park of Monte Txota
- Enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery on Santiago Island.
DescriptionStart with pickup at your hotel in Praia and begin a journey to discover the natural beauty of the northern and eastern areas of Santiago Island. Travel for approximately 45 minutes and arrive at the village of Santa Crus. Arrive at the country's largest banana and coconut plantation and take a walk inside the agricultural fields while the local tour guide explains the varieties of fruits and plants found here. If available, at your own expense, refresh yourself with fresh coconut water or organically grown local bananas. Continue inland until the village of Orgãos where you will learn to make cuscuz (a cake made from corn flour) and fidjós (fried banana mixed with wheat) with a local family. After the workshop, drive back among rocks and valleys, learn about local history from your guide, and capture beautiful scenery before returning to your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your hotel in Praia Tour Guide Transportation Workshop of Cuscuz and Fidjós (local delights) Liability insurance
- This tour takes place from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, with a total duration of 4 hours
- Please bring comfortable shoes and clothes, a hat, water and sunscreen
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.