My Guide Website?
From Praia: Banana Plantation Tour and Cuscuz Workshop25 Reviews
Explore the largest banana and coconut plantation in the country on a shared or private tour from Praia. Sample Cuscuz and Fidjós with a local family and enjoy beautiful landscapes of Santiago island.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit Cape Verde's largest banana and coconut plantation
- Learn how to cook an authentic Cuscuz with a local family
- Visit the Natural Park of Monte Txota
- Enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery on Santiago Island.
DescriptionAfter being picked up from your accommodation in the city of Praia, you will drive inland to Santa Cruz. Upon arrival at the largest banana and coconut plantation in the country, you'll take a walk inside the agricultural fields while your local tour guide explains the varieties of fruits and plants that are on the plantation. If available, at your own expense, you can refresh yourself with fresh coconut water and organically grown local bananas. Next, you will head to the nearby city of Orgãos, where you will be warmly greeted by a friendly local family, embracing unmatched island hospitality. You will have the opportunity to indulge in local cuisine and unveil Cape Verdean gastronomic secrets while savouring La Morabeza creole. Learn how to cook the local Cuscuz, a traditional cake made from cornmeal, and Fidjós, a delicious treat made from banana mixed with wheat. Following the workshop, you will embark on a scenic drive through rocks and valleys, as your guide narrates local history and captures the beauty of the surroundings, before returning to your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your hotel in Praia Tour Guide Transportation Workshop of Cuscuz and Fidjós (local delights) Liability insurance
- This tour takes place from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM, with a total duration of 4 hours
- Please bring comfortable shoes and clothes, a hat, water and sunscreen
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.