My Guide Website?
From São Vicente: Santo Antão Day Trip with Local Guide
Explore Santo Antão on a guided day trip from São Vicente. Cross the extinct Cova de Paúl volcano and visit the natural park. See Cape Verde's Ponta de Sol village and admire stunning landscapes.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Cova Volcano Crater above 1000 meters high
- See picturesque small villages and beautiful island landscapes
- Meet the locals at Cape Verde's greenest valley, Vale de Paúl
- Have a delicious lunch while enjoying the local atmosphere
DescriptionStart your adventure with a pick-up from your accommodation in São Vicente followed by a transfer to the port for a 1-hour ferry ride to Santo Antão. Upon arrival, meet your local expert and drive through the mountains to Cape Verde's largest volcanic crater, Cova de Paúl, an extinct volcano used for the cultivation of potatoes, carrots, onions and more. After visiting the Cova Natural Park, take the Corda Road and traverse the island' smost spectacular landscapes. Enjoy a photo stop at the Delgadinho mountain viewpoint and be amazed by stunning views of sharp cliffs and beautiful valleys. Proceed to the fishing village of Ponta de Sol, meet the locals before a scenic drive to Ribeira Grande. Next, take a break for lunch before arriving in Vale de Paúl, surrounded by greenery, thatched-roof houses and stunning scenery. After discovering one of Cape Verde's most beautiful islands, be transferred to Porto Novo and catch your ferry back to São Vicente. The tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel in Mindelo.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Mindelo All port transfers Transportation Round-trip Ferry tickets Tour Guide
- After booking, your data will be required for the ferry ticketing. A valid Covid-19 Certificate with 3 valid doses of vaccination (must have QR code), or an Negative antigen test done no more than 24 hours before departure is required or negative PCR test (within 72 hours of travel) You must bring your passport, mask, wear comfortable clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, sunglasses (sun protection), a sweater for the cool ocean and mountain air on our travel (it is cooler during the months of November through March).