My Guide Website?
Boa Vista: Viana Desert Quad Bike Adventure62 Reviews
Discover the wonders of the Viana Desert and the surrounding villages on this half-day quad biking adventure. Admire scenic views of the sandy landscape, visit the charming villages of Rabil and Bofareira, learn about local handicrafts, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit a local ceramic factory and learn about the ancient art of pottery
- Ride across the rolling sand dunes at the stunning Viana Desert
- Feel the thrill of excitement as you ride on your very own quad bike
- Explore two of the island's charming villages, Rabil and Bofareira
- Enjoy a stop over in Sal Rei followed by a trip to Fatima Church
DescriptionThe day begins with pickup from your hotel. Head to the first stop of the tour, Rabil, the second most populated village on Boa Vista Island. Visit a ceramic factory to learn about the ancient art of pottery as well as Olaria, one of the few forms of local craftsmanship. Depart from Rabil and cross the palm-lined oasis towards the Viana Desert. Learn about how the desert started forming in the 1980s and has continued to grow due to trade winds that bring sand from the Sahara and Mauritania. Feel the wind in your hair and the adrenaline pump through your body on a thrilling ride across the sand dunes on your quad bike. Continue the tour to Bofareira, a small and sleepy village on the north side of the island, before enjoying a break at Cape Santa Maria to see the shipwreck. Next, drive to Sal Rei city, for a short break followed by a ride along the old cobblestone road to Fatima Church. Admire this recently renovated church while taking in the breathtaking view of the stunning sandy coves that surround you. At the end of an unforgettable day, enjoy drop-off back to your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation Basic ATV instructions and safety procedures Quad Bike Helmet and glasses Fuel Tour guide Liability insurance
- Activity is subject to a minimum number of 4 ATV bikes
- The insurance of the vehicle covers damages to 3rd parties
- The double quad option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants
- The minimum age to drive a quad is 18 years old
- For the double quad option, the second passenger seated backward must be at least 7 years old