My Guide Website?
Santiago: Longueira, Pico de Antónia & Monte Tchota Trek2 Reviews
Marvel at the beautiful landscape of Santiago on this guided trek. Get a taste for local life in the village of Longueira and visit a rum distillery. Hike up Pico de Antónia, the island's highest point, then explore the untouched nature of Monte Tchota.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Monte Tchota's natural park and admire its intact nature rich in fauna and flora
- Visit a local rum distillery and meet the locals in the village of Longueira
- Discover endemic plants, animals, and some bird species in danger of extinction
- Take stunning photos of the volcano on Fogo Island and see Maio Island
- Enjoy convenient hotel pickup and drop-off at your hotel in Praia
DescriptionBegin your tour with pickup at your hotel in Praia then head to the village of Longueira. There, enjoy the opportunity to experience direct contact with the locals. Visit the rum-making Grogue Distillery, the primary school, and Lemba Lemba Bar. From December to May, walk up among the strawberry fields and enjoy a picnic. Next, climb Pico de Antónia, the highest point on the island of Santiago. From the 1394-meter (4,573-foot) walking point, delight in panoramic views of the São Jorge Valley and the possibility to see Maio Island and the volcano on Fogo Island. Altogether, the trek involves 5 hours uphill, with a stop for a small picnic and spectacular views of beautiful landscapes. On the way, look out for endemic plants, animals, and endangered birds. Your trek finishes in the natural park of Monte Tchota/Txota and the tour concludes with a drop-off at your hotel in Praia.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Transportation Tour Guide Picnic (soft juice + sandwich + fruit) Liability insurance
- Route File (Option 1) Trail Distance: +/- 9 km Total Walking Duration: +/- 6 hours Degree of Difficulty: Very Difficult Elevation Gain: +/- 1050 m Elevation Loss: +/- 600 m Max Elevation: +/- 1390 m Min Elevation: +/- 485 m Trail Type: One Way Path Quality: Tilty, narrow Route File (Option 2) Trail Distance: +/- 6 km Total Walking Duration: +/- 4 hours Degree of Difficulty: Difficult Elevation Gain: +/- 585 m Elevation Loss: +/- 186 m Max Elevation: +/- 1160 m Min Elevation: +/- 485 m Trail Type: One Way Path Quality: Tilty, narrow
- Shared Group Trek option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.