My Guide Website?
Santiago Island: Serra Malagueta & Tarrafal Beach Trek Tour4 Reviews
Discover the wonders of Santiago Island on a trek that covers Serra Malagueta and Tarrafal Beach. Along the way, visit Cape Verde’s most traditional market, see and learn about native flora and fauna, and soak up scenic views of the island's landscapes.
- Visit Cape Verde’s most traditional market and mingle with the locals
- Spend 3-hours hiking through Serra Malagueta Natural Park
- Relax on the most beautiful beach on Santiago Island, Tarrafal Beach
- See plants, animals and rare birds endemic to the island
- Choose between a shared group or private tour
DescriptionThe day begins with pickup from your accommodation in Praia and heads inland to the traditional Assomada Market. Wander around the vibrant stalls and soak up the hustle and bustle of this island hub whilst watching the locals haggle for produce. Drive to Serra Malgueta Natural Park next, where your trekking adventure awaits. Follow your guide as you head into the luscious landscapes of the Serra Malagueta Natural Park, which covers 774-hectacres. The park is home to the Serra Malagueta mountain range as well as over 124 species of plant, and 19 species of bird. Throughout the trek, listen to your guide share information about the local flora and fauna, many of which can only be found here in the park. There’s also the opportunity to see wildlife, including playful monkeys, a variety of reptiles, and colorful butterflies. Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite, find a scenic spot for a well-deserved rest and enjoy a picnic lunch in the middle of the forest. After lunch, continue the walk to the end of the trail, then drive to Tarrafal Beach where you can spend some free time chilling on the shore. At the end of an unforgettable day, sit back and relax on the return journey to Praia.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Transportation Tour Guide (English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) Liability insurance
- • Please note that Assomada Market is open only on Wednesdays and Saturdays, the visit will be only on these days
- Please wear comfortable clothes, shoes, and a hat, bring water and sunscreen
- Trail Distance: +/- 8,5 km
- Total Walking Duration: +/- 3 hours
- Degree of difficulty: Moderate
- Elevation gain: +/- 280 m // Elevation loss: -/+ 280 m
- Max Elevation: +/- 1075 m // Min Elevation: +/- 800 m
- Trail type: Loop
- Path quality: Flat, wide and safe trail
- Shared Group Trek option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€90.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today