My Guide Website?
Praia: City Tour with Cidade Velha Visit8 Reviews
Explore Praia on a guided tour of the cities major historical sites. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cidade Velha.
- Discover the biggest souvenir market in the country, Sucupira Market
- Explore Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover the birthplace of Cape Verdean culture
- Visit the former slave market in Pilourinho
DescriptionStart with pickup from your accommodation in Praia and then head to the historical center of Plateau. Take a walking tour through the Jaime Mota Military Barracks, passing by the Presidential Palace and Alexandre Albuquerque Square. In the Municipal Market, meet locals and find a diverse range of fresh local fruits and vegetables. Next, explore the largest souvenir market to be found in Cape Verde, the Sucupira Market. Explore Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site to see all its highlights such as the Royal Fortress of São Filipe, the ruins of the first sub-Saharan African Cathedral, the fishermen bay, the former slave market in Pelourinho, the famous Banana Street with its traditional houses, the Nossa Senhora do Rosário church, and finally the Convent of São Francisco. Travel back in time, learn the history from your expert, walk on a black sand beach and meet local fishermen before a short trip back to Praia. After a memorable day, the tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel in Praia.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your hotel in Praia Tour Guide Transportation Liability insurance
- This tour includes a small amount of walking
- The Municipal Market is closed on Sundays
- The Fortress of São Filipe is closed on holidays
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€55.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today