My Guide Website?
Praia: City Tour with Cidade Velha Visit16 Reviews
Explore Praia on a guided tour of the cities major historical sites. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cidade Velha.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the biggest souvenir market in the country, Sucupira Market
- Explore Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover the birthplace of Cape Verdean culture
- Visit the former slave market in Pilourinho
DescriptionGet picked up at your accommodation in Praia, then depart towards the historical centre of Plateau. Start the walking tour through the colonial buildings of the Presidential Palace, the Main Square, the Municipal Market (closed on Sundays) and find a diversity of local fruits and vegetables. Afterwards, explore Cape Verde's largest souvenir market, the Sucupira Market, and experience the daily life of the Cape Verdean family. Move on to Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first city built by Europeans in sub-Saharan Africa. Upon arrival, take a guided walking tour of the São Filipe Fortress, explore the ruins of the first Cathedral built by Europeans in Sub-Saharan Africa, the former slave market and the famous Banana Street with its thatched houses. Travel back in time, learn the history from your expert, walk on a black sand beach and meet local fishermen before a short trip back to Praia. After a memorable day, your tour ends with a drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your hotel in Praia Tour Guide Transportation Liability insurance
- This tour includes a small amount of walking
- The Municipal Market is closed on Sundays
- The Fortress of São Filipe is closed on holidays
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.