My Guide Website?
Sal: Island Experience Tour with a Certified Local Guide658 Reviews
Experience the beautiful Sal Island and discover volcanic pools, salt deserts, and vibrant villages on this guided tour. Float in Salinas salt lake, and see lemon sharks in their natural habitat.
- Explore Sal Island with an expert, local guide and explore exciting locations
- Visit the island's highlights including Murdeira, Espargos, Palmeira, Kite Beach
- Watch lemon sharks swimming in their natural environment
- Marvel at the blue eye Buracona, one of the 7 wonders of the island
- Unwind and relax in the world's second saltiest water in Pedra de Lume
DescriptionAfter being picked up from your accommodation, make your way to Santa Maria. Once there, get to know the history of this city, which has transformed from the extraction of its salt to the biggest tourist city in Cape Verde. Next, make your way to Kite Beach, which is one of the best places in the world to practice kite surfing (from October to April) and is usually chosen to hold the world kite surfing championships. Then visit Porto Palmeira, which is a simple place where people take their sustenance from fishing and working in the port. See the arrival of the crafts, as well as all the activity around the sale of fish. Take a walk among the colorful colonial houses and check out the beautiful street art. Next up, go to Pedra de Lume Beach, Pedra de Lume, and Ilha do Sal. There, visit the first village on Sal island, which was founded in 1804, to learn about the history and development of the local economy based on the export of salt. Continue to Miragem, where you will see the effects of Fata Morgana water illusions in the desert. Travel then to Buracona, where you will see the Blue Eye, one of the 7 wonders of the island. Swim in its natural pool if the conditions are ideal for bathing. Following the pool, explore the Pedra Lume Salt Crater, where you will learn all about the nourishing benefits this salt center has for the locals. Make a stop to experience floating in this thermal water which is inside an inactive volcanic caldera. Discover Shark Bay, where you will have the experience to see lemon sharks in their natural environment up close. Travel to the village of Murdeira that lies in a natural reserve in the bay. Finally, visit Espargos, the economic centre of the island, where you can see more of the local life, finish your tour with a transfer back to your hotel or airbnb.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Local guide Private transportation Photos and vídeos taken by the guide Swim in a natural pool Baby seat (free and available on request) Swim in saline thermal water and secret pools Shark Bay Private or group tour (depending on option selected)
- Most travelers can participate in this tour (however this tour is not wheelchair accessible)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under two years old are free on the private option
- Optional lunch menu (€11 per adult, €6 children) with one drink included. The restaurants offers an array of traditional dishes, as well as vegan and vegetarian options. Please advise at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€38.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today