My Guide Website?
Boa Vista: Full-Day Whale Watching Tour5 Reviews
Get closer to humpback whales than ever before on this 7-hour whale watching tour. From March until May, take the chance to see some of the most amazing animals in the world up close. Find out more about the whales with an onboard marine biologist.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire and spot humpback whales in their natural environment
- Experience an unforgettable natural spectacle in small groups
- Learn more about the humpback whales from the onboard marine biologist
- Get goosebumps as you feel the thrill of seeing wildlife up close
- Benefit from the best views of the whales from a comfortable yacht
DescriptionBoa Vista is a hotspot for whale activity and impressive humpback whales stay around the island from March until May to mate or give birth to their babies. Embark on this full-day cruise for an unforgettable experience spotting these majestic creatures in their natural habitat. Marvel at the gargantuan adult whales that can grow up to 15 meters (49 feet) long. After pickup from your hotel, your driver will take you to the port of Sal Rei. From there, transfer by dinghy to your yacht for the day. Aboard the yacht called “Simply No Stress,” a crew with over 12 years of experience in whale watching tours awaits you. Receive a detailed briefing with many interesting facts about humpback whales, and ask any questions you have to the local biologist onboard. Once you've been briefed, start your adventure to find the whales. Your experienced crew and biologist will do their best to find them for you. You need patience and, of course, a bit of luck — after all, this is a natural spectacle. But when you do see them, the yacht's height and its comfortable flybridge will give you the best of the whales. There is no such thing as a typical whale watching tour on Boa Vista, as the whales are always in charge. Let them lead the way, and follow as they swim, play, and put on dazzling acrobatic shows. There is a high chance of seeing whales but it's not guaranteed. After about 7 hours, return to the port at Sal Rei and get driven back to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Snacks Sandwiches Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages Marine biologist guide
- If you are staying at Hotel Riu Touareg, please choose the pickup at Touareg option
- If you are staying in private accommodation, rather than a hotel, the local partner will arrange a separate pickup point with you
- In the case of bad weather or very high waves, the local partner may have to cancel or postpone a tour at short notice. In this event, you will, of course, be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience
- Depending on wind and weather, you should have a jacket with you on the tour. You should also be prepared to get a little wet
- Protect yourself against the sun
- Headgear (fixed) is also recommended
- Don't forget your camera
- If you are not sure about your seaworthiness, take a travel tablet before the start of the tour. If you have no travel tablets with you, just ask for one when you start the tour