My Guide Website?
Sal: Full-Day Trip Around the Island with Lunch and Snorkel32 Reviews
Explore the small but breathtaking island of Sal on a guided full-day trip. See Cape Verde through the eyes of a local, and visit 10 of the island's highlights. Snorkel, bathe, marvel at the “Blue Eye,” and more. Benefit from included hotel transfers.
- Discover the island of Sal in Cape Verde with a local guide
- See the island's highlights, such as Ponta Preta, Monte Leão, and the awe-inspiring Blue Eye
- Bathe in therapeutic volcanic waters at Pedra de Lume, and spot lemon sharks in Baia de Parda
- Find out the true meaning of the Cape Verde word “morabeza”
- Snorkel in Murdeira Bay, and enjoy included hotel pickup and drop-off
DescriptionMeeting at the front desk of your hotel at 9:15 AM, then make your way to the first destination, Ponta Preta (Black Edge). Witness a contrast between white natural sand dunes and dark-colored volcanic rocks entering the sea. This amazing combination creates huge and beautiful waves, making this location the stage for world-famous water sports competitions like surfing and windsurfing. While in Ponta Preta, you'll be introduced to the itinerary and provided with a brief history of Cape Verde. Next, head to Murdeira, located at the center of the island. Snorkel in the bay's crystal clear, coral-filled waters, and catch a glimpse of Monte Leão, one of the island's most prominent landmarks. From Murdeira, go north to the capital of the island, Espargos. Enjoy a local tour of the city ending in a panoramic view through the belvedere. Make your next stop at the fishing village of Palmeira, the only port on the island and an industrialized zone extremely important to the local economy. To the east of Palmeira, spot Buracona, a place with natural pools and an incredible rocky landscape of volcanic origin. This combination creates a wonderful phenomenon called 'Blue Eye'. From 10:30 AM–1 PM, the sun shines inside a 25-meter (82-foot) deep cave, allowing you to glimpse the image of a shiny blue eye staring at the majestic sky. More to the west of the island is Terra Boa, the only land for growing crops where you can enjoy another spectacle of nature, a mirage in the middle of the desert. On the way back to Espargos, pass the peripheral area of the island and visit some social institutions, such as kindergartens and schools. In Espargos, take a break for lunch in a local restaurant and taste a typical dish or savor one of the best pizzas in town. After lunch, continue to Pedra de Lume, where the famous Salinas (salt pans) are found inside of an extinct volcano crater. Bathe in the therapeutic waters before heading to the Baia de Parda around 4 PM to catch sight of lemon sharks. You'll return to your hotel around 5 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Snorkeling mask
- Please arrive at your pickup point 10 minutes before the activity starts
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- The tour can take place in an open car, like a 4x4 pickup
- Lunch and entries are not included in the private tour option (€5 Salt Pans, €3 Buracona to be paid on the day)
- The group tour is all inclusive