My Guide Website?
Santa Maria: Open Water Diver - PADI or SSI Course
Get picked up from your accommodation in Santa Maria to undertake the PADI Open Water Diver course in Cape Verde over 2-3 days. Complete 3 dives and practice your new skills beneath the waves.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community
- From São Vicente: Santo Antão Day Trip with Local Guide
- Sal: Private Airport Transfer to Santa Maria or Espargos
- Boa Vista: Viana Desert Quad Bike Adventure
- From Santa Maria: Two-Hour 4WD Buggy Desert Adventure
- Become an independent diver and get your first scuba diving certification!
- Discover the underwater world of Sal.
- This certification is valid all over the world!
DescriptionOpen Water Diver course is the first scuba certification level. In about 15 hours you can become a certified diver. A highly trained Instructor will teach you how to scuba dive in a relaxed, supportive learning environment. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills and knowledge to dive at home or abroad and be an ambassador for the underwater world. This course takes minimum 2 days and a half, maximum 3 days to complete, depending on the skills and needs of the student. We are flexible and adapt our schedules to clients needs and are happy to dedicate more time if needed. The Open Water Diver course includes three parts: Knowledge Development, Confined Water Dives, and Open Water Dives. Knowledge Development covers the principles, concepts, and terms you need to know for diving safety and enjoyment. During the 2 to 3 Confined Water Dives, you learn and practice scuba skills in a pool or sea water with pool-like conditions. To complete the training you practice, apply and demonstrate what you learn during 4 Open Water Dives at a local dive site by boat. With this you: - can explore the other 70% of our planet - see things you have never seem before - learn and support the protection of our ocean - carry the world’s most recognised scuba certification - dive down to maximum 18m Prerequisites: good swimmer Minimum age: 10 years or older Time commitment: 2-3 days
IncludesTransport Instructor Equipment 4 dives by boat
- All participants must be good swimmers. All participants must be in good health or have a medical certificate from a doctor.