My Guide Website?
Day Trip: Trek Santo Antão, Cova Crater > Cabo da Ribeira 5k
Trek Volcano Crater of Cova de Paúl to Cabo d Ribeira, Atop the ancient Cova crater you will have breathtaking views of the lush green valley below, in the distance, by the sea, Vila das Pombas awaits
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike into ancient Volcano Crater of Cova de Paúl one of the most stunning places
- Valley of Paúl One of the Most beautiful on the Island
- Experience the authentic lifestyle and hospitality of the people on the Island
- Visit Grogue distillery see how rum is made
- Witness the vegetation and farming of the most fertile valley on the Cabo Verde
DescriptionBegin with an early morning pick up at your accommodation in Mindelo, transfer to the Harbor of Mindelo for your adventure by Ferry to our neighboring Paradise Island, Santo Antão. On your ferry travel across the canal (up to 1 hour on ferry), you may stand on deck to witness dolphins, flying fish and more of our marine life, or you can decide to relax on the comfortable chairs and enjoy some music on your way. Arrive to Porto Novo, as you exit the terminal you will be met by your local guide who will take you on a journey through the mountains to the top of our ancient Volcano Crater of Cova. A must see! Atop Cova crater you will have breathtaking views of the immense lush green valley below, in the distance, by the sea, Vila das Pombas awaits! On this mostly descending adventure down Cova crater to Cabo de Ribeira, walking into the valley of Paúl we will pass through small villages where agriculture is the daily lifestyle, beholding mango, papaya, goiaba, oranges, apples, passion fruit, avocado trees, sugarcane fields, banana and coffee plants. After our trek, we will enjoy a delicious lunch at a typical local restaurant. Travel back to Porto Novo on the stunning coastal Road, passing through mountain tunnels, and colorful villages arriving to the Ferry. Return to Porto Novo, board the ferry to return to São Vicente. Upon arrival to the Harbor, you will enjoy a transfer to your accommodation in Mindelo.
IncludesIncluded from São Vicente: Pick up and drop off at accommodation in Mindelo, Roundtrip ferry tickets, Local guide (English, Portuguese, Spanish, and French), Private transportation, Entrance Grogue Distillery Liability insurance
- We will need the following information at least 24 hours before our excursion. A photo of your passport or send us: Full name (as listed on passport) Passport document number Date of birth Expiration date Country of issue You must bring your passport for ferry travel, wear comfortable clothing, hiking shoes, hat, sunglasses (sun protection), walking stick (optional) also, bring a sweater for the cool ocean and mountain air on our travel (it is cooler during the months of November through March), bring bottle of water. If you experience seasickness, please prepare (the ride is typically calm, depends on the winds). Please be advised will travel through roads with high altitude. We will make a stop for lunch, the restaurant accepts euros and escudos (local currency), no credit cards. If there are any dietary restrictions or food allergies we should be aware of, please inform.