My Guide Website?
Santo Antão: Remote Mountain Villages Hike
Explore the abundant green mountainsides of Santo Antão on this guided hike. Go off the beaten track with visits to the remote villages of Corda, Figueiral de Cima, Terrinha Vermelha, and Coculi.
- Get into Santo Antão's majestic natural landscape
- Walk through small, authentic villages
- Discover Figueiral de Cima, one of the most remote villages on Santo Antão
- Marvel at the stunning views of green mountains and far-away valleys
- See a completely different side of the island
DescriptionSee Cape Verde from stunning heights and visit the remote villages along the way on this 3-hour hike throughout the lush mountainside. Start with a visit to the tiny mountain village of Corda and enjoy photo stops along the route. Kick off the hike with a steep descent down a wide cobbled path and take in the views of the many cultivated agricultural terraces high above. Next, eperience a perspective that most tourists don’t come across with a visit to one of the most remote villages on the island of Santo Antão, Figueiral de Cima. Continue along the rows of sugar cane and papaya trees to the village of Terrinha Vermelha. Marvel at the views of the valleys below and pass small houses with an authentic Cape Verdean touch. End your tour in Coculi, surrounded by towering palm trees.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation Private transportation Tour guide Liability insurance Private or shared hike, depending on the option selected
- The minimum age is 12 years old Not recommended for those who are afraid of heights The hike includes a 5-kilometer ascent and a roughly 743-meter descent with a moderate difficulty level The hike takes about 2 - 3 hours The pathways are high quality