My Guide Website?
Sal: Private Tour Secrets of a native guide All-inclusive1 Reviews
Enjoy a private tour and discover the desert, the beaches, the hidden treasures of this popular destination, while getting to know the history and culture with a professional and native guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community
- From São Vicente: Santo Antão Day Trip with Local Guide
- Sal: Private Airport Transfer to Santa Maria or Espargos
- Boa Vista: Viana Desert Quad Bike Adventure
- From Santa Maria: Two-Hour 4WD Buggy Desert Adventure
- Explore Sal Island with an expert, local guide, while having fun
- Visit all island’s highlights, including natural pools and Shark experience
- Enjoy a private tour just for your group
- Admire Buracona Blue Eye, one of the seven wonders of the island.
- Unwind and relax with a swim at the natural thermal spa Salinas salt lake
DescriptionI'll pick you up from your accommodation and head to Santa Maria. There, you can learn about the history of this town, which was transformed from salt extraction into Cape Verde's largest tourist town. You will then go to the salt pans of Santa Maria to see how salt is extracted for consumption on the island, and then we'll ride through the surrounding white sand dunes to Kite beach to see how they do kite surfing (from November to March). Next, you'll visit Cape Verde's only Marine Nature Reserve, Murdeira, which has a great marine diversity of corals and fish and marvel at the view of Monte Leão, a true postcard of Sal island, then you'll head to the city of Espargos, the capital and economic centre of the island, where most of Sal's population is concentrated. Next, you'll head to Miragem, where you'll see the fata morgana effects of water illusions in the desert, where the guide will take fun photos, something to remember. Next, you'll travel to Buracona, one of the 7 wonders of Sal island, where you can see the 'Blue Eye', a natural effect of the sun's reflection in a cave in the shape of a blue eye, swim in its natural pool whenever the conditions are ideal. After the pool, you'll visit the fishing village of Palmeira, a simple place where people make their living from fishing and working in the harbour, you'll see the arrival of the local boats, as well as all the activity surrounding the sale of fish. This beach is the kind of beach you see in adverts and never actually visit. We can do a rest stop where you can have lunch or just a snack or drink and access the internet or just move to the next stop. Next, you'll have the shark experience and see lemon sharks up close in their natural environment. Finally, discover the Caldeira 'Salinas de Pedra Lume', an extinct volcano full of salt lakes where you can float and relax while looking 10 years younger, with baby skin.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Local expert guide Private air-conditioned vehicle Photos and vídeos taken by the guide Entrance fees (3 eur for Buracona blue Eye, 6 eur for Salinas) Shark Bay Baby seat (free and available on request) Swim in a natural pool Swim in saline thermal water and secret pools
- Most travelers can participate in this tour (however this tour is not wheelchair accessible)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under two years old are free on the private option
- We make a rest stop where we can have lunch or a snack, a drink and access the internet
- Optional lunch menu (€11 per adult, €6 children) with one drink included. The restaurants offers an array of traditional dishes, as well as vegan and vegetarian options. Please advise the guide if you have any dietary requirements