My Guide Website?
Praia: Guided Historic Walking Tour & Lunch with Locals8 Reviews
Discover the historic center of Plateau and its marvelous colonial architecture. Enjoy a delicious lunch in an authentic atmosphere and get closer to the original soul of the city and its people.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Plateau and its colonial buildings
- See the municipal market with its variety of fruits and vegetables
- Get lost in Santiago Island's largest souvenir market
- Eat the most famous and traditional dish of Cape Verde
- Choose between a shared group or private tour
DescriptionBegin your enriching day with a pickup from your Praia accommodation, and set off to explore the Dona Maria Pia Lighthouse. Meet locals there and capture stunning pictures of volcanic rocks and the mesmerizing landscapes. Next, venture to the historical center of Plateau and embark on a fascinating walking tour through colonial buildings. Pass by monuments honoring the island's discoverers, freedom fighters, and local artists at the Palace of Culture. Your expert local guide will reveal the city's settlement history and the symbolism of the colors in the National Flag at the Presidential Palace. Continue your journey to the lively Municipal Market, where you'll mingle with locals and discover a diverse range of local fruits and vegetables. Explore the largest souvenir market in Cape Verde, Sucupira Market, and immerse yourself in vibrant street arts, capturing the essence of local stories and island culture portrayed by urban artists. Conclude the tour with a special lunch in an authentic setting. Savor a delicious lunch and immerse yourself in the original soul of the city before being dropped-off at your accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Transportation Tour Guide Lunch (Main course with fish or meat, rice, vegetables and water) Liability insurance
- • Note that a small amount of walking is involved.
- Please bring a hat, comfortable clothes, sunscreen and local currency for souvenirs shop
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund