My Guide Website?
From Praia: Full-Day Guided Fogo Island Tour
Discover the wonders of Fogo Island on this full-day tour from Praia. Soak up amazing views from the foot of the highest mountain in Cape Verde, explore Chã das Caldeiras National Park, and visit a local coffee plantation to taste its delicious produce.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community
- From São Vicente: Santo Antão Day Trip with Local Guide
- Sal: Private Airport Transfer to Santa Maria or Espargos
- Boa Vista: Viana Desert Quad Bike Adventure
- From Santa Maria: Two-Hour 4WD Buggy Desert Adventure
- Marvel at the island's active volcano, Fogo, which last erupted in 2014
- Walk across hardened lava and learn about local geology
- Wander through the colorful town of São Filipe and mingle with the locals
- Visit a coffee plantation to taste some of the best coffee in the world
- Explore the island's variety of microclimates at Monte Velha Forest
DescriptionThe day begins with pickup from your accommodation in Praia and departs towards Nelson Mandela airport for your 35 minute flight to Fogo Island. The island is named after the imposing volcano that resides on it, which is still active today although the last eruption was in 2014. Upon arrival, visit the capital of the island, São Filipe, and wander around this charming little town lined with colorful houses. Continue the tour to Salinas, a small pebble beach where you can learn about the island’s geology and watch fishermen returning to shore with the day’s catch. Drive northwards to the village of Mosteiros and then across the eastern coast to reach the village of Cova Figueira. Enjoy a photo stop at the scenic Achada Furna and Cabeça Fundão along the way. Arrive at Chã das Caldeiras National Park and admire uninterrupted views of the volcano and rugged surrounding landscape. From there, visit a local coffee plantation to taste some of the best coffee and wine in the world. Enjoy a break for lunch, then head off into Monte Velha Forest, an area of fertile mountains and microclimates. At the end of an unforgettable day, say goodbye to Fogo and head back to the airport for your flight back to Santiago Island.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Round-trip airport transfers in Praia Round-trip airport transfers in Fogo Transportation Guide/Driver Homemade wine and cheese tasting Liability insurance
- Please be aware, your flights to and from the island are not included. Please book your flights and then inform the local partner of your flight schedule so that the pickup time and tour can be customized to suit this