My Guide Website?
Santa Maria, Sal Island: Sea Turtle Watching Experience159 Reviews
Embark on a unique tour for eco-life lovers and watch the common turtle nesting at one of the beautiful beaches of the island. Enjoy the silence under the moonlight while learning everything about Cape Verde's sea turtles from your expert guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get the opportunity to talk to biologists and expert guides
- Watch the fascinating creatures in their natural habitat
- Learn about the spawning process of the sea turtles from the beginning to the end
DescriptionDiscover the magic of nesting turtles on this adventure tour Santa Maria. Join an evening excursion that takes you to beaches of Sal island where the turtles come up to shore and nest. Travel in a comfortable and air-conditioned vehicle for this unique tour. Get picked up at 8 PM from your accommodation and reach a beautiful deserted beach in less than an hour. Be welcomed by your professional and trained tour guides who will ensure a unique and environmentally conscious experience for all guests. Your guide will tell you everything about the evolution, characteristics, and curiosities of the turtles. Learn why their welfare is the top priority on the island. Cape Verde is home to 3 species of turtles. The yellow turtle, also known as the common turtle, is the most common species in Cape Verde. The sandy beaches of Cape Verde are one of the most important locations for common turtle nesting. In small groups, you’ll walk along the beach at night and watch out for turtles making their way up onto the sand. If you're lucky spotting the turtles, take a seat and remain as silent as possible in order not to disturb them while nesting. Following a unique experience, return to your accommodation where you'll arrive around 10/11 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Local expert guide Transportation
- Please wear dark-colored clothes and comfortable shoes to walk on sand
- The nesting observation depends on environmental factors and is not guaranteed. However, there has been a success rate of 100% over the last 3 years
- The activity provider has their own lights that will allow you to take photos and videos. Flash photography/videos and white lights are not permitted