My Guide Website?
Praia: Santiago Island Natural Park & Resistance Museum Tour
Learn about the history of slavery at the Resistance Museum, a former concentration camp and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Serra da Malagueta Natural Park and admire its natural landscapes.
- Explore Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a local guide
- Discover the ruins of the first sub-Saharan African Cathedral
- Visit the Museum of Resistance, a former concentration camp
DescriptionEnjoy a pickup from your accommodation or Port of Praia and travel towards Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Upon arrival, take a guided walking tour of the São Filipe Fortress, the former slave market and the famous Banana Street with its thatched houses. Next, drive through the mountains with photo stops at the villages São Lourenço dos Órgãos, Picos, Assomada and Serra Malagueta Natural Park. Be dazzled by incredible views from 1000 meters (3,280 feet) above sea level, have a look at some endemic species before you arrive at the former Concentration Camp of Chão Bom, the current Museum of Resistance. Here, learn about the history of the former prisoners who fought against the Salazar regime and take a walking tour of the monuments. After that, stop for a delicious lunch and then take a scenic drive back to Calheta and Santa Cruz. Enjoy a photo stop at the Valley of 1000 Palms in Pedra Badejo, cross plantations and beautiful volcanic landscapes before being dropped off at your initial start point.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia or Cidade Velha Transportation Tour Guide Liability insurance
- Note that the Fortress of São Filipe and the Museum are closed on public holidays. Therefore, the visit will only be on these days
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€120.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today