My Guide Website?
Praia: Guided Nature Hike to Cidade Velha2 Reviews
Enjoy one of the most popular hikes in Santiago, a perfect combination of a pleasant walk in a green valley and a World Heritage Site, leading to a magical baobab tree and an endemic bird.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Santiago: Trek from Serra Malagueta to Rabelados Community
- From São Vicente: Santo Antão Day Trip with Local Guide
- Sal: Private Airport Transfer to Santa Maria or Espargos
- Boa Vista: Viana Desert Quad Bike Adventure
- From Santa Maria: Two-Hour 4WD Buggy Desert Adventure
- Enjoy a pleasant guided hike and feel the vibration of Mother Nature
- Hike the most significant trail on Santiago Island
- Support local business and learn the beauty of Capeverdean people
- Stroll admidst banana, sugar cane, mango, coconut, and papaya trees
- See the iconic 400-year-old Baobab tree
DescriptionEmbark on a journey through Santiago Island's scenic landscapes with a guided hike to Cidade Velha, including convenient transportation from Praia. Marvel at the island's diverse fauna and flora, including the iconic 400-year-old Baobab tree. Traverse farming areas, gaining insights into the locals' daily life and the production of grogue, Cape Verde's national drink. Encounter the nation's symbolic bird and stroll amidst banana, sugar cane, mango, coconut, and papaya trees, feeling a profound connection with Mother Nature. The trek culminates in Cidade Velha, the historic birthplace of the Cape Verdean nation.
IncludesHotel or harbor pickup and drop-off Tour guide Transportation Liability insurance
- Hike: 4 km
- Ascent: 0 m
- Down: 200 m
- Difficulty level: Moderate