My Guide Website?
Santiago: Trekking Rui Vaz, Longueira, and Botanical Garden
Meet the locals and see the local flora and fauna. Enjoy the panoramic views and beautiful landscapes.
- Explore Rui Vaz Village and meet the locals
- See endemic plants, animals and some bird species in danger of extinction
- Visit a local rum distillery and primary school
- Take stunning photos of the São Jorge Valley and Pico D'Antónia mountain
- Admire Maio Island and visit the only botanical garden in the country
DescriptionStart your trek from the Village of Rui Vaz, from about 800 meters altitude, where you will have the opportunity to experience direct contact with the locals. There, get in touch with local farmers and learn about their agricultural practices growing sugar cane, mango trees, cassava, banana and more. From the Rui Vaz you can enjoy a panoramic view of the São Jorge Valley, and Pico D'Antónia mountain, the highest point on the island of Santiago. Take the opportunity to admire Maio Island. Visiting the rum-making distillery and primary school in Longueira village. Enjoy 4 hours of walking with a stop for a small picnic and panoramic views of beautiful landscapes. Finish your journey on the only botanical garden in the country that preserves some endemic plants of Cape Verde.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation Transportation Tour Guide Liability insurance
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Trail Distance: +/- 4 km
- Total Walking Duration: +/- 2 hours
- Degree of difficulty: Moderate
- Elevation gain: +/- 150 m
- Elevation loss: -/+ 380 m
- Max Elevation: +/- 779 m
- Min Elevation: +/- 440 m
- Trail type: One Way
- Path quality: Medium tilt, narrow and safe.
- Shared Group Trek option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€80.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today