Sal Island Highlights: Lemon Sharks, Salt Mines, Blue Eye
Enjoy a truly deep experience of Sal Island with a full-day tour of its most exciting highlights. See lemon sharks in Shark Bay, take a dip inside a volcanic crater, admire the magical "Blue Eye," and more. Benefit from included lunch and hotel transfers.
- Discover the local lemon sharks at Shark Bay
- Swim in a salt lake inside a volcanic crater and feel like you're on the Dead Sea
- Marvel at the magical blue eye phenomenon in a cave at Buracona
- Savor an included lunch of chicken, fish, or cachupa, the traditional Cape Verdean dish
- Enjoy convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
DescriptionBegin your day with pickup at your hotel at around 9 AM. Make your first stop at Murdeira Bay to take pictures of the beautiful bay and Monte Leão (Lion Mountain). Then, visit the small fishing town of Palmeira, followed by Buracona, with its breathtaking natural pools and the famous 'Blue Eye.' After an included lunch, stop at Terra Boa to take some original photos with the mirages. Discover Espargos, the capital of the island, then head to Shark Bay to see the local lemon sharks. Finally, delight in the tour's true highlight at the salt mines at Pedra de Lume. Here, float in water that is 26 times saltier than seawater, a truly unique experience. The tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel at about 5 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Lunch Salt Mine entrance fee (€5) Freshwater shower (€1) Ecological tax at Buracona (€3)
- Please let the local partner know in advance if you would prefer fish, chicken or cachupa for lunch
- You will be picked up at your hotel reception. Please be punctual
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability