My Guide Website?
Sal: 6-Hour Experience Tour with a Local Certified Guide350 Reviews
Enjoy an island tour and visit places like Espargos, Blue Eye, Kite Beach, Santa Maria, Miragem, and Murdeira. Swim in Salt Lake, and see lemon sharks.
- Explore Sal Island with an expert, local guide and explore exciting locations
- Visit the island's highlights including Murdeira and marvel at Lion Mountain
- Watch lemon sharks swimming in their natural environment
- Admire the Blue Eye, one of the seven wonders of the island
- Unwind and relax in the world's second saltiest water in Pedra de Lume
DescriptionAfter being picked up from your accommodation, make your way to Santa Maria. Once there, get to know the history of this city, which has transformed from the extraction of its salt to the biggest tourist city in Cape Verde. Next, make your way to Kite Beach, which is one of the best places in the world to practice kite surfing (from October to April) and is usually chosen to hold the world kite surfing championships. Then visit Porto Palmeira, which is a simple place where people take their sustenance from fishing and working in the port. See the arrival of the crafts, as well as all the activity around the sale of fish. Take a walk among the colorful colonial houses and check out the beautiful street art. Next up, go to Pedra de Lume Beach, Pedra de Lume, and Ilha do Sal. There, visit the first village on Sal island, which was founded in 1804, to learn about the history and development of the local economy based on the export of salt. Continue to Miragem, where you will see the effects of Fata Morgana water illusions in the desert. Travel then to Buracona, where you will see the Blue Eye, one of the 7 wonders of the island. Swim in its natural pool if the conditions are ideal for bathing. Following the pool, explore the Pedra Lume Salt Crater, where you will learn all about the nourishing benefits this salt center has for the locals. Make a stop to experience floating in this thermal water which is inside an inactive volcanic caldera. Discover Shark Bay, where you will have the experience to see lemon sharks in their natural environment up close. Travel to the village of Murdeira that lies in a natural reserve in the bay. Finally, visit Espargos, the economic center of the city.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Private transportation Licensed, local guide Liability insurance Swim in a natural pool Baby seat (on request) Swim at saline thermal water, where spas, a whirlpool, and relaxation are available to all Shark Bay
- Most travelers can participate in this tour (however this tour is not wheelchair accessible)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under two years old are free on the private option
- An optional buffet lunch with one drink is available for €10. The buffet offers an array of traditional dishes, as well as vegan and vegetarian options. Please advise at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements