My Guide Website?
Sal: 6-Hour Experience Tour with a Local Certified Guide50 Reviews
Enjoy a 6-hour island tour and visit places like Espargos, Blue Eye, Kite Beach, Santa Maria, Miragem, Palmeira, and Murdeira. Swim in Salt Lake with your group, and have lunch at a local restaurant before going into the sea to see some lemon sharks.
- Explore Sal Island with an expert, local guide
- Visit the island's highlights, including Kite Beach
- Watch lemon sharks swimming in their natural environment
- Admire 'Blue Eye', one of the seven wonders of the country
- Unwind and relax with a swim at the thermal spa
DescriptionAfter being collected from your accommodation, you will make your way to Santa Maria. Once there you can get to know the history of this city, which has transformed from the extraction of its salt to the biggest tourist city in Cape Verde. You will then make your way to Kite Beach, which is one of the best places in the world to practice kite surfing and is usually chosen to hold the world kite surfing championships. Next you will visit Porto Palmeira, which is a simple place where people take their sustenance from fishing and working in the port. You will be able to see the arrival of the crafts, as well as all the activity around the sale of fish. Next up, your tour progresses to Pedra de Lume Beach, Pedra de Lume, and Ilha do Sal. There you can visit the first village in Sal, which was founded in 1804, to learn about the history and development of the local economy based on the export of salt. You will then progress towards Miragem, where you will see the effects of water illusions in the desert. Following this you will travel to Buracona, where you will see 'Blue Eye' (one of the 7 wonders of the country) and its natural pool. Following the pool, you will explore the Pedra Lume Salt Crater, where you will learn all about the nourishing benefits this salt center has to the locals. You will then experience Shark Bay, where you will have the experience to see lemon sharks in their natural environment very closely. Towards the end of your tour you will visit Murdeira Village, a natural reserve of the bay of Murdeira which has a great diversity of coral and fish. Finally, you will visit Espargos, the economic center of the city.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Private transportation Licensed, local guide Liability insurance Swim in a natural pool Swim at saline thermal water, where spas, a whirlpool, and relaxation are available to all Shark Bay Optional all-you-can-eat buffet lunch (€10 per person) with one drink and coffee included Entrance fees (€3 for Blue Eye, €5 for Salinas) Gratuities (optional)
- Most travelers can participate in this tour (however this tour is not wheelchair accessible)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under two years old are free on the private option
- An optional buffet lunch with one drink is available for €10. The buffet offers an array of traditional dishes, as well as vegan and vegetarian options. Please advise at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now