My Guide Website?
Nature Hike to Cidade Velha2 Reviews
This is one of the most popular hikes in Santiago, it is a perfect combination between a pleasant hike in a green valley and world heritage, that leads to a magical baobab tree and an endemic bird.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a pleasant hike and feel the vibration of the mother nature
- Hike the most significant trail on Santiago Island
- Support local business and learn the beauty of Capeverdean people
- Take time for you and your family out of your accomodation
DescriptionIf you are a nature lover here you will explore the entire valley and it's fauna and flora. You will admire the biggest and oldest baobab tree in Cape Verde which is 400 yeas old. You will also walk through farming areas and discover how locals deal with their simple daily life. You will learn how we produce grogue which is the national drink of Cape Verde. If you love animals there is a possibility to discover the most beautiful bird of Cape Verde which is also a national symbol. While we are walking under the shade of banana trees, sugar cane, Mango trees, coconut trees, papaya tree, and some crops that grows you can feel the pure connection with the mother nature. we will have a privilege to end this walk in Cidade Velha which is the crade of all capeverdean people, the first settlement where our nation was born. Hike: 4km Up: 0 m Down: 200m Degree of Difficulty: Medium
IncludesHotel / Harbor pickup and drop-off Profetional Tour Guide in the native language Transportation Liability insurance
- You will walk down 200 m to reach the city. The path is stony, make sure you bring proper hiking shoes and good solar cream.