My Guide Website?
Hike and Picnic in Serra Malagueta Natural Park2 Reviews
Explore Santiago's natural beauty on this tour from Praia to the Serra Malagueta Natural Park. Hike through the park and stop for a nice picnic before reaching the Hortelã valley.
- Immerse yourself in local culture as you meet and learn about local families
- Marvel at incredible views from the top of Serra Malagueta Natural Park
- Walk among park's endemic plants and stop for a delectable picnic
- Keep an eye out for animals like vervet monkeys and gray-headed kingfishers
- Take advantage of the convenient hotel pickup and drop-off service
DescriptionTake a nature walk through Serra Malagueta Natural Park, the Gongon valley, and the Hortelã valley on this tour from Praia. Eat a delicious picnic lunch of juice, fruit, and a sandwich. Enjoy the convenience of being picked up from your accommodation in Praia. Sit back and enjoy the drive to Serra Malagueta Natural Park. Start your hike at 1,000 meters above sea level. See local flora and keep an eye out for local wildlife like vervet monkeys and gray-headed kingfisher birds. Take in views of jagged hills and lush greenery on your way down the slope. Pass deserted villages and meet local families. Learn about the way of life in these remote mountain areas. Stop for a picnic before continuing east. Cross the Gongon valley and reach the Hortelã valley. Return to your accommodation in Praia at the end of your tour.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Transportation Tour Guide Picnic (soft juice + sandwich + fruit) Liability insurance
- Trail Distance: +/- 12,5 km
- Total Walking Duration: +/- 4 – 5 hours
- Degree of difficulty: Difficult
- Elevation gain: +/- 580 m
- Elevation loss: -/+ 1100 m
- Max Elevation: +/- 1035 m
- Min Elevation: +/- 110 m
- Trail type: One Way
- Path quality: Both flat and Steep going down hill and safe.
- Shared Group Trek option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.