My Guide Website?
From Santa Maria: Natural Pools & Shark Bay Private Day Trip
Discover one of Sal Island's 7 wonders, The Blue Eye, on a private day tour from Santa Maria. Watch lemon sharks up close at Shark Bay and float on top of the salt water inside a volcanic crater.
- Watch lemon sharks in their natural environment up close
- Float in the world's second-saltiest water in Salt Crater of Pedra de Lume
- Visit the majestic Pedra de Lume salt pan and its extinct volcano crater
- Marvel at the “Blue Eye” in Buracona, one of the 7 wonders of the country
DescriptionStart your day of adventure to discover the natural pools, shark bay and to enjoy the majestic salt flats inside of Pedra de Lume's extinct volcano crater. Be picked up from your accommodation and transferred to the shark bay, a must-see when visiting Sal. Upon arrival, put on your water shoes, enter the ocean and head out to this incredible shark watching experience. See and get close to the Lemon Sharks in their natural environment. This species poses no threat to humans. Next, enjoy an experience of a lifetime at Pedra de Lume, in a salt pan located below sea level. Cross its cave, get into its extinct volcano crater and reach the lagoons from which the salt is extracted. Bring your book and enjoy reading while floating in the world's second saltiest thermal water. Finally, be driven to Buracona to see 'Blue Eye' and, weather permitting, swim in its beautiful natural pools. The tour concludes with a drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Santa Maria Private Transportation Private Tour Guide/Driver Liability Insurance
- Please bring sandals/flip flops, water shoes, a towel, a hat, swimwear, and sunscreen Water shoes for walking on rocky surfaces are available at an extra supplement of €2.