My Guide Website?
From Praia: Santiago Island Tour, Workshop & Tarrafal Beach70 Reviews
Explore the highlights of Santiago Island on a tour from Praia. Savor a typical breakfast with a local family, visit the Assomada Market, cross Serra Malagueta and relax on the beach at Tarrafal.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Cape Verde:If youʻre booking your trip to Cape Verde last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Relish a traditional breakfast of tasty cuscuz and fidjós with a local family
- Visit the famous and colorful Assomada Market with your local guide
- Take beautiful photos in the Serra Malagueta natural park from 1000 meters above sea level
- Relax on the white sand of the most picturesque peach on Santiago Island, Tarrafal Beach
- Discover the community that preserves Cape Verde's oldest customs and beliefs
DescriptionGet picked up at your hotel in Praia, then depart toward the interior of the island. Make your first stop at Mrs. Luisa's house. There, sample cuscuz (a traditional cake made from corn flour) and fidjós (fried banana), the typical breakfast for Cape Verdean families. After breakfast, continue to the city of Assomada. Visit its famous market, and admire the vibrant colors of the local fruits and vegetables. Move on to the Serra Malagueta natural park and marvel at the incredible views from 1000 meters (3,280 feet) above sea level. Next, discover Santiago's most beautiful beach at Tarrafal, known for its white sand and crystal clear waters. Take a break for lunch (at your own expense), then return along the east coast of the island. Visit the Rabelados religious community, the only community that still lives in thatched houses and preserves the oldest customs and beliefs of Cape Verde. The tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel in Praia.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Transportation Guide Workshop for Cuscuz and Fidjós (local delights) Liability insurance
- The Assomada Market is open only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Therefore, the visit will only take place on these days The shared group tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, the activity provider will offer an alternative date, charge an extra fee to run the trip privately, or cancel a customer's booking for a full refund For tours with fewer than 4 travelers, the tour guide may also be the driver