From Praia: Full-Day Santiago Island Tour & Tarrafal Beach1 Reviews
Explore Santiago's highlights on this full-day tour. Savor a typical breakfast with a local family, visit the Assomada Market, and drive through the Serra Malagueta. Enjoy the most beautiful beach on the island, Tarrafal, and meet Cape Verde's only tribe.
- Relish a traditional breakfast of tasty cuscuz and fidjós with a local family
- Visit the famous and colorful Assomada Market with your local guide
- Take beautiful photos in the Serra Malagueta natural park from 1000 meters above sea level
- Relax on the white sand of the most picturesque peach on Santiago Island, Tarrafal Beach
- Discover the community that preserves Cape Verde's oldest customs and beliefs
DescriptionGet picked up at your hotel in Praia, then depart toward the interior of the island. Make your first stop at Mrs. Luisa's house. There, sample cuscuz (a traditional cake made from corn flour) and fidjós (fried banana), the typical breakfast for Cape Verdean families. After breakfast, continue to the city of Assomada. Visit its famous market, and admire the vibrant colors of the local fruits and vegetables. Move on to the Serra Malagueta natural park and marvel at the incredible views from 1000 meters (3,280 feet) above sea level. Next, discover Santiago's most beautiful beach at Tarrafal, known for its white sand and crystal clear waters. Take a break for lunch (at your own expense), then return along the east coast of the island. Visit the Rabelados religious community, the only community that still lives in thatched houses and preserves the oldest customs and beliefs of Cape Verde. The tour concludes with drop-off at your hotel in Praia.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Praia Transportation Guide Breakfast All entrance fees Lunch Drinks
- Please bring sandals/flip flops, a towel, a hat, swimwear, and sunscreen
- Please note that Assomada Market is open only on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Therefore the visit will only be on these days
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability